The Snapshot tab of the Capture window is used to capture a single snapshot of DMX channels into a cue:
This window has pop-up menus for choosing what DMX channels will be captured into the cue and from what source the channels will be captured.
This menu has several options to specify which channels will be recorded into the cue:
- All Channels – Every channel in the system will be recorded. If the CueServer is configured with two universes of DMX then 1,024 channels will be captured.
- Active Channels – Only channels that have non-zero values will be recorded into the cue.
- Selected Channels – Only the currently selected channels will be recorded into the cue. The selected channels are the ones previously selected using the Channel and Group commands.
- Existing Cue Channels – Only the channels that are currently recorded in the cue will be re-recorded. If the cue previously contained channels 101 through 199, then those channels are the only ones that will be re-recorded.
This menu has several options to specify the source of the DMX channel values that will be recorded into the cue:
- DMX Input – The DMX channel values being input into the CueServer will be recorded. None of the values in the playbacks or being output will be recorded.
- Playback n – The DMX channel values in Playback n will be recorded. Neither the DMX input or output will be recorded.
- DMX Output – The DMX channel values being output from the CueServer will be recorded. This is the default option.
Capturing Channel Values
Once the appropriate options have been selected, click on the Capture button to record the current DMX values into the cue. The Capture window will close and the cue will be updated to show the newly captured channels.